When I Grow Up...

When I was little, I wanted to be a mommy when I grew up. It was natural for me. As the oldest of three girls, I would care for the two younger siblings. I had many children that I babysat and was responsible for. I even became a squad mama in band - Forgot your black socks? No problem! I've got an extra pair in my locker. Need a button sewn on or your hem tacked up? No problem.

I never in a million years thought that I would be diagnosed with PCOS 3 short months into my marriage. Here we are, almost 3 years later and still biologically childless. Last month gave us a glimmer of hope and a faint plus sign, only to come crashing down around us a few weeks later.

However, on July 25, 2009, I became a mommy. We opened our hearts and our home to a sweet baby girl. I can't imagine life without her. Just this past weekend, I asked Aaron how we ever lived in such an empty house. Her smiles and giggles and songs make my empty womb hurt a little less each day. Though I do not believe our family to be complete, we're well on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment