Dear Baby

Daddy and I went out to dinner tonight for Valentine's Day. (Daddy's not big on this holiday, so the fact that he got me a pair of earrings and dinner out is AMAZING.) We were told there was an hour and 15 minute wait, so we waited a while before driving out to Maumee, but when we got to the restaurant we had to wait another hour. We were lucky enough to snag a seat because it was very crowded and I was very uncomfortable. I told you to sit still because Mama wanted a yummy dinner. And a yummy dinner it was. We ate at Outback Steakhouse tonight and dined on Aussie Fries, my favorite salad, warm bread, coconut shrimp, and filet mignon. I was so full that it didn't bother me that my filet was overcooked because there was no room in my belly! Contractions started during the main course. They came fast and hard. But they weren't getting "longer, stronger and closer together." Daddy kept asking if we needed to go to the hospital. I said no and we packed up and paid the bill to come on home.

The ride home was horrible! Every bump in the road was magnified 110%. I had to go to the bathroom so badly, even though I went 3 times at the restaurant! Daddy couldn't go fast enough it seemed. I really thought that we'd get home, grab our bags and leave for the hospital. But, now we're home and things have fizzled out. My back is hurting very much - are you facing the wrong direction? On Monday, Dr. Ward said you were head down, but didn't say anything about your position. My legs feel like jello. I must have an overdose of that hormone that loosens joints for labor coursing through my veins! I'm extremely tired now. I'm going to go nap, but I was so excited to meet you I'm not sure that I can sleep.

Dr. said that my contractions need to be 5 minutes apart for an hour or my water needs to break before coming to the hospital - so, if you'd like to make either of those things happen we're as ready as we're ever going to be! Daddy is so anxious to meet you, as am I! See you soon.

Love, Mama
37 weeks & 1 day

P.S. You look a lot bigger in there than the 8.5 pounds that I've gained throughout this pregnancy! I sure hope you're not a baby elephant! (We'll just blame it on the horizontal stripes. Our little secret!) Also, this is the only photo I have from this pregnancy. I'm sad that I deleted the rest.

1 comment: